Amy Lou Adams is an amazing American actress who has been in lots of movies both comedic and dramatic. Amy has been recognized for her incredible acting and film producing skills. She’s won a number of awards, including two Golden Globe Awards and six nominations for the Academy Award.
Amy Adams has a long list of eclectic film credits, but perhaps the most distracting is that she made her film debut in 1999’s comedy, Drop Dead Gorgeous. In addition to appearing on various television shows from 1999-2010, such as That ’70s Show and Charmed.
Her first major role came in Catch Me If You Can, a biographical crime drama by Steven Spielberg in 2002.
Three years later, she had her major breakthrough by playing the role of a pregnant woman named Junebug in 2005, for which she received her first Academy Award nomination.
A couple of years later, Adams starred in the Disney romantic comedy Enchanted. In that film, she was nominated for her first Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
Adams made millions of dollars in the years 2014-2017, and she was ranked top on Forbe’s World’s Highest-Paid Actresses list in that period.
Amy Lou Adams was born on 20th August 1974, the daughter of American parents Kathy And Richard Adams. She is a Hollywood sensation and one of the most popular actresses in America. Also, she has four brothers and two sisters.
Adams was raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) until her parents divorced and she left the church in 1985.
When Amy, who is now 47 years old, was eight years old, the family moved from Italy to Castle Rock in Colorado. She loved the time spent there because her father had picked up singing jobs here and was able to perform in nightclubs and bars.
Amy’s primary interests were the arts – she sang in the choir and studied ballet. After graduating high school, Amy moved to Atlanta, Georgia with her mom. To support herself, Amy worked part-time at various cafés & restaurants around town.
Amy Adams Age
Amy was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Veneto in Italy. However, she celebrated her 47th birthday this year on the 20th of August!
Amy Adams Children
Amy & her fiance Darren Le Gallo have been together for 20 years and welcomed their daughter Aviana in 2010. They first met in 2001 and they married in 2015 after dating for nearly 14 years. They live happily in Los Angeles, California. Amy has chosen to focus on their family and withholds themselves from the spotlight.
Amy Adams Husband
Amy’s longtime partner Darren Le Gallo has been together for 20 years and they have a daughter, Aviana who was born in 2010. They first met in ’01 & married in ’15 after dating for nearly 14 years.
She chooses to go private about her life in order to avoid the paparazzi and gossip sites, so there isn’t much information out there.
Amy Adams Height
Amy Adams is a star performer who charms everyone with her impressive height of 5 feet 5 inches and 1.63 m in length. She’s always the audience’s favorite, and she never seems to disappoint. She stays at 129 pounds
Amy Adams Smallville
Amy made a guest appearance in the Smallville Season 1 episode Craving as Jodi Melville! who was a freshman student at Smallville High School. She later became a metahuman, leaving her body unable to process fat after an experiment gone wrong.
Awards and Nominations
The first award was given to Amy, Adam by the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, as the Best Supporting Actress in Junebug, 2006. From there, she started receiving nominations and awards for her work, including Palm Springs International Film Festival for Spotlight Award in Doubt, Saturn Awards for the Best Actress in Enchanted, Hollywood Film Festival: Best Supporting Actress in The Master, Golden Globe Awards: Best Actress for American Hustle & Big Eyes, and Critics’ Choice Television Awards: Best Actress in Sharp Objects
Also, on July 7th, 2017, Adams was paid tribute in the form of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
What Episode of Smallville is Jodi Adams in?
Amy Adams has appeared in many sci-fi and superhero films, including the famous series, ‘Smallville’. In the show, Adams played Jodi Melville in season 1, In ‘Craving’,
Where Was Amy Adams Born and Raised?
Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Italy, and raised in Castle Rock, Colorado, United States.
Amazing Facts About Amy Adams
- Amy Adams was born in Vicenza in Italy, on August 20th.
- She has six siblings! That’s awesome! Four brothers and two sisters,
- Her mom was a semi-professional bodybuilder who took her kids to the gym with her when she trained.
- Amy was a promising child and began ballet and dance training at the local David Taylor Dance Company. They were excellent teachers with many accolades, so Amy trained as an apprentice for some time before dabbling in gymnastics.
- Amy disliked her high school experience and mostly kept to herself.
- Adams attended Douglas County High School.
- Adams did not attend college, she felt that education was the crucial key to achieving success and she felt she should’ve invested more in her education. She came to see it as an opportunity missed and later regretted coming up with that decision.
- Amy started her career at a Gap store and after a couple of months, she also worked at Hooters for the extra money. However, she left when she had enough money to buy her own car.
- Adams began her professional career as a dancer in 1994. That year, she performed in a production of A Chorus Line at the Boulder Dinner Theater-Boulder, Colorado.
- The magazine ranked her on the annual Celebrity 100 list and she’s been among the most powerful actresses in our society for years thanks to her professional acting career.
- Amy loved handbags and accessories from Max Mara which she later endorsed.
- In 2015, Amy had a collaboration with Max Mara to design & promote a line of handbags.
- Adams is currently working with underprivileged students in the NYC Ghetto Film School.
- In 2013, Amy launched the book The Beauty Book for Brain Cancer to help raise money for cancer charities Snog and Headrush.
- Adams is an ambassador for the RightWay Foundation, a charity that provides employment and mental health services to former foster youth.
Amy Adams Net Worth
Adams has been raking in millions for decades. She also took home some pretty hefty paychecks every year for years. She’s one of the best-paid actresses with a net worth of $ 70m.